To put concerted efforts for developing and nurturing entrepreneurial culture in the institute, and provide the talented young minds, a platform to concretize their scintillating and enterprising ideas, the college has set up an incubation centre in the college.
In this direction, the College has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Incubation Centre of IIT Ropar naming “IIT Ropar Technology Business Incubator Foundation” for the guidance and mentorship.
The following activities are carried out by it: –
Inviting entrepreneurs who have spurned their families’ traditional business, and successfully established a new venture for the interaction with the cell members.
- Conducting idea pitching sessions for some reputed organizations at the premises, to acquaint and motivate the college students about the concepts of idea generation, crystallization, and its execution.
- Sending the cell members to other institutions for participation in various contests.
- Inviting experts on the subject.
In the next phase, the infrastructure required for development and commercialization of business ideas will be created: –
- Co- Working Space
- A presentation room for idea pitching sessions.
- An Idea Station for round-table discussion on various ideas.
- A Seed Support System to fund the selected business ideas by a committee called project evaluation and monitoring committee.