Faculty & Research
Sri Aurobindo College of Commerce and Management (SACCM) aims to contribute to the movement of nurturing the youth as leaders of tomorrow.
Home / Faculty & Research / Faculty Development
SACCM strongly believes in the notion that professional development is not an event rather it is a process. Keeping this in view, the college offers logical and sustained support systems that unfold the process of faculty development.
- Faculty professional development is principally linked to their teaching practices. The innovative pedagogic tools like Inter Section Subject Quiz, Restructured Tutorial System, Academic Action Planning, etc. rooted in SACCM’s scholastic system and employed by the faculty in classrooms get embedded in them so as to augment their professional circumference.
- The college has Subject Expertise Enhancement programme in place whereby, teachers sharing the same subject sit together to discuss topics, new developments in the subject, share notes and lend their hand in clarification of doubts for better understanding. This exercise helps in widening the existing knowledge base of teachers in length and breadth.
- The college provides industrial-academia interface where, faculty undertakes projects at Vardhman Textiles Limited and other associated business houses. Faculty industrial visits are also organized to supplement their classroom teaching. Having observed real life business practices, synchronized business examples become a significant component of their lectures in a classroom set up.
- The college sponsors the members of faculty to participate in seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Under the purview of Ongoing Faculty Development Programme, weekly faculty seminars are held so as to sharpen and widen the intellect of members of faculty. A well prepared seminar is given by a faculty member on any contemporary issue or research topic followed by a group discussion on the same.
- The college also organises interactive sessions with business leaders for faculty whereby, they share their experience and address to the queries raised by faculty.
- Rich library having gamut of reference books, journals, financial dailies and e-resources is in place to widen the teachers’ knowledge base and E-supported workstations, sufficient stationery supplies, etc. to add to their efficiency and effectiveness form a fertile foundation of infrastructural facilities to nurture professional development of members of faculty.